Outpatient Treatment for Heroin Addiction
Heroin is one of the most dangerous and devastating drugs in the United States. Stopping use, though, is dangerous because withdrawing from heroin use can cause severe symptoms. Medically supervised heroin rehab is the best way to help the addict stop abusing heroin.
What is Heroin?
Heroin is a drug that is derived from the opium poppy. Although humans have used heroin for centuries, the devastating effects of the drug on people who use it is why heroin is illegal. The drug is highly addictive, and withdrawing from the drug without medical supervision can be deadly. Additionally, heroin that is found on the streets is rarely pure. It may be mixed with harmful substances, such as other drugs and rat poisoning. In addition to the addiction, people risk overdosing on the drug.
Signs of Heroin Addiction
Someone may be dealing with a heroin addiction if you notice:
- Track marks on the arms and other areas of the body where the drug is injected (the drug can also be snorted and smoked)
- Decline in interest in school, work, family, friends and other activities
- Increase in health problems, such as overdose emergencies
- “Pinpoint” pupils that are extremely constricted
- Chronic dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Stealing and other behaviors to find money for heroin
- Disintegrating relationships
- Increase in risky behaviors
- Weight loss
- Chills and wearing heavy clothing in warm weather
- Being disoriented and confused
- Sudden changes in activity level, such as going from being tired to having a lot of energy
What is Heroin Outpatient Treatment?
North Coast Recovery offers the safest and most effective way to help the recovering person to safely stop using heroin and learn new skills that make life better without the drug-induced effects of heroin. Outpatient treatment from heroin addiction involves several stages. The patient is screened for underlying mental health conditions, and an individualized treatment plan is developed to provide counseling and other support services.
How North Coast Recovery Can Help with Heroin Addiction
North Coast Recovery is an outpatient treatment rehab center in the Pacific Northwest serving the Portland Metro Area, Hillsboro, Beaverton and surrounding areas in Oregon as well as Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver and the I-5 corridor in Washington and Oregon. Contact us for more information and to learn how North Coast Recovery can help you or a family member.
North Coast Recovery, a place of healing…a place of hope.